Current Job Openings
QUALITY ENGINEERING MANAGER
Establish and implement quality testing procedures, systems, and production processes to ensure the quality,
functionality, and reliability of the company’s undercar products. Work with management to determine the performance
indicators for each product and develop and establish test criteria to ensure product quality. Create sampling
procedures and designs with a view to testing the functionality, reliability, and overall quality of finished
products. Identify, control, and track product and process characteristics and schedule and direct workers in
testing finished products and implementing procedures for the disposal of defective parts using Smart Sheet. Perform
data analysis on quality and performance data using Minitab and create reports for management using QAD ERP
software, Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft Office. Ensure the accurate and timely preparation, processing,
distribution, and retention of all necessary quality reports and records pertaining to undercar parts production.
Review the company’s production processes for undercar products, identify inefficiencies, and implement changes to
reduce waste using Kaizen, Six Sigma, and lean production methods. Conduct regular audits of production lines with a
view to ensuring conformance with established procedures and communicate necessary corrective actions to the
production team and external parties such as vendors and customers. Provide support and guidance to other
departments with regards to quality assurance and coordinate continued improvement programs with customers and
suppliers. Coordinate Advanced Planning Quality Product Team activities such as PFMEA and Control Plan. Stay abreast
of the latest technological advancements and industry trends with regards to undercar parts production and quality
The position requires a bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field and
three (3) years of experience in the job offered or a related position. The position requires skills and knowledge
in Minitab, ERP Software, Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint, Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, Quality Core Tools,
and IATF16949. The position requires little travel – 24% of work time, several days but less than 60 days per year.
- $89,650.00 per year to $95,000
- 40 hours/week
Please send resumes to Don Chambers, Vice President, Human Resources, Motorcar Parts of America, Inc. at 2929
California Street, Torrance, CA 90503 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Description – Entry-Level Data Analyst
Motorcar Parts of America is a premier manufacturer of aftermarket automotive parts, supplying thousands of retailers
across the US and around the world. We pride ourselves on providing logistics and planning services to our
customers, positioning ourselves as an essential player in the automotive industry.
About You: You are a problem solver with a passion for learning and a desire to grow within our company. While a
fundamental level of technical skills is expected, we are committed to providing extensive training for the right
candidate. You should be proficient in writing basic SQL queries, able to work independently, and comfortable
seeking help and incorporating feedback when needed.
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly MS Excel (pivot tables, functions, etc.)
- Solid SQL experience
- Familiarity with programming (Python preferred)
- Ability to work independently and proactively seek assistance when needed.
- Excellent communication skills
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Familiarity with data analysis libraries such as pandas
- Experience using data processing software, such as Alteryx.
- Advanced SQL knowledge (DDL vs DML, window functions, etc.)
- Proficiency in Python programming
- Experience with reporting software, such as Tableau or Power BI
- Knowledge of the automotive industry, parts manufacturing, or supply chain management is a plus.
Medical, dental, vision, life, and short-term/long-term disability insurance per company plan (eligible the first of
the month following 30 days from the date of hire
You will be eligible to enroll in the Signature 401(k) Plan at the beginning of a calendar quarter, 30 days of
You will begin to accrue 80hrs (2 week) vacation through completion of 4 Years of Service. The vacation accrual will
start after 30st day of employment in accordance with the company policies.
The Company will provide you with nine (9) paid holidays each calendar year.
- Collecting and interpreting data from various sources to support decision-making processes.
- Cleaning and preprocessing data to ensure accuracy and reliability.
- Developing and maintaining databases, data systems, and data visualization tools
- Conducting data analysis using SQL, Python, and other relevant tools or languages
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define business requirements, identify trends, and provide
- Continuously improving data analysis processes and methodologies to enhance efficiency and accuracy
- Staying up to date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging data analysis technologies
Job Title: Catalog Manager
Reporting Relationship: Director of Data Solutions
Exemption Status: Exempt
Annual Range $85,000-$110,000
The primary responsibility of the position will be to assist in the development and enhance the MPA Catalog using
custom in house Software by performing the following duties personally or through a subordinate supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintaining Online Product Information Database.
- Maintaining Online Parts Catalogs.
- Submitting catalog updates to customers and EPC providers.
- Composing Print Catalogs.
- Mapping automotive parts to specific Vehicles.
- Cross Referencing parts.
- Re-verifying existing data.
- Researching new parts.
- Creating an image library.
- May perform other duties as required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience
to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully;
Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with
Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes
projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits
customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without
interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets
clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives
and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests;
Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Recognizes accomplishments of other team
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and
interpret written information.
Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and
overcomes resistance; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work
independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Inspires respect
and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Displays passion
and optimism; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes
responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback;
Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external);
Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory
Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Visionary Leadership – Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Provides vision and inspiration to
peers and subordinates.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates
knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to
profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time;
supports organization’s goals and values.
Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths &
weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to
best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent;
Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps
commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies
appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative – Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks;
Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions
for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets
Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains
reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Takes calculated
risks to accomplish goals.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources;
Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and
consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to
improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
individual must have a valid driver’s license, and be able to drive a motor vehicle. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Photography or Computer-related career. Minimum of 4 years of similar management
Excellent verbal and written skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical
journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for
publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts
such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an
extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook); Photoshop software; Inventory software; Order processing systems;
Manufacturing software (MFG Pro) and Contact Management systems.
- In-depth auto parts knowledge.
- Ability to look-up auto parts in a catalog.
- Ability to operate digital cameras and software.
- Familiar with vehicle information (models, engine information).
Job Title: Category Manager
Reporting Relationship: VP of Merchandising
Exemption Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $85,000-$110,000
Category Manager is responsible to develop plans to increase market share and profitability of their assigned product
lines. Will be required to set, implement and carry out category-specific goals, measure and report on those goals
and make adjustments as necessary. This individual is responsible for communicating the current performance of the
category within the industry, the company, and by customer, to both Account Managers and company executives as
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Working with various internal departments, set objectives / targets for the overall Category for the company by
– Continuously track and report the status of those goals to Executive Management team.
– Share those goals with customers and provide status reports of those goals throughout the year.
- Devise overall category strategies with specific goals to improve sales, reduce warranty returns and improve
– Continuously track and report the financial impact of these strategies to Senior Management.
- Set category “tactics”, by customer, to improve market share and work with Sales department on ways to
effectively deliver those tactics to the field.
- Recommending a product assortment – (Adds / Deletes / Adjustments to stocking levels) through internal category
- Creating a complete category price strategy – (Good / Better / Best) – with corporate margin improvement as the
– Work with internal stakeholders to uncover and implement cost-saving initiatives to help improve margin
- Work with Quality Assurance department to define, create and help implement internal and external training
programs – Increase sales / Lower warranty returns / Improve market share.
– Review monthly customer warranty returns data, work with Quality Assurance through creative solutions to help
reduce returns at the customer level.
- Develop customer-focused promotional programs – establish goals and provide senior management measurable metrics
on the success of those programs. (ROI)
- Play an active part in managing products during their entire life cycle – from introduction to completion – to
ensure optimal sales results and inventory turns as it affects the company’s profitability and inventory
– Provide guidance to purchasing and production planning departments in their decisions on stocking levels from
initial inventory build to end-of-life sell-down.
- Prepare line review / gap analysis for Account Managers to present to customer as requested or as part of an
overall sales strategy.
- Review monthly market share data for all customers, note changes and make recommendations on how to improve
their position in the market.
- Work with Account Managers by preparing category-specific presentations, as required, for delivery to their
management team as part of their line review process.
- Review regular retail price shops with Account Managers while making recommendations on areas to improve market
share through competitive positioning and recommendations to improve profitability for the customer.
- Knowing the competitive landscape regarding both the company’s and customer’s competitors, providing and
maintaining competitive analysis and market trends as requested.
- Work with Account Managers to understand potential stock adjustments in terms of size and timing with relation
to customer contracts and obligations and their impact on company profitability.
Job Title: Internal Audit Senior
Department / Function: Internal Audit
Employment Status: Exempt
Reports To: Internal Audit Manager
Date Prepared: May 08, 2023
Annual Range: $85,000-$100,000
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Senior, Internal Audit will report to the Internal Audit Manager and is responsible for supporting and
contributing to the planning and execution of the annual SOX Compliance program. This includes independent and
objective assurance services that are designed to add value and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of MPA’s
internal control over financial reporting and related processes.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties maybe assigned):
- Assists with the planning of the annual top-down, risk-based Internal Audit assessment, including the assessment
of risks, and the planning memorandum and exhibits.
- Performs hands-on work to execute the annual Internal Audit assessment review, including walkthroughs, testing,
roll-forwards, and reporting.
- Prepares and updates critical path process flow diagrams that clearly illustrate the respective business
functions, internal control over financial reporting (ICOFR) phases, risks, and controls.
- Consistently executes and clearly documents sound auditor judgment in selecting samples that are representative
of the transaction population.
- Gathers and appropriately evaluates sufficient audit evidence; fully considers management objectives, financial
statement assertions, and control risks when determining level of assurance required by test procedures (i.e.,
nature, extent, and timing).
- Executes workpapers that are accurate, complete, clear, concise, and well organized in accordance with
department standardized workpaper formats and protocols.
- Timely notifies and consults with the Internal Audit Manager on potential or actual control gaps identified in
either the design adequacy or operating effectiveness of key controls.
- Creates effective engagement communications that are based on a sound evaluation of criteria, condition, cause,
and effect, with recommendations on corrective action; strictly adheres to department communication distribution
- Assists with effective monitoring of, and follow-up on, control gaps and enhancements.
- Performs other duties and special projects as needed.
- Performs and documents work in accordance with the Internal Audit Manual (i.e., policies and procedures) and the
Institute of Internal Auditors professional standards.
- Effectively collaborates with a geographically dispersed team to achieve functional objectives, while working
independently as required.
- Maintains effective cross-functional communication with others such as process owners and control performers.
- Engages in continuous learning and development to stay current on industry practices and trends, including
PCAOB, SEC, COSO, GAAP, and fraud considerations.
- Adaptability: adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation;
able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Analytical Thinking: critically evaluates and synthesizes complex information to inform a fact-based, data
driven approach to problem solving.
- Change Agility: applies different approaches and methods to best fit the situation; embraces and adapts to
on-going changes in the environment by taking an active role in modeling new behaviors and/or providing guidance
and support to help influence, build, and maintain commitment to change.
- Ethics: keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values; adheres to
- Interpersonal: builds and fosters genuine relationships with an open mind rooted in trust; understands and
navigates intricate organizational dynamics in order to meet business objectives.
- Problem Solving: demonstrates accountability for results even when faced with challenges; applies leading
practices and innovation to formulate and implement plans to resolve issues.
- Professionalism: approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect
and consideration regardless of status or position.
- Project Management: develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates change and progress; completes
projects on time and on budget; manages audit team activities.
- Team Work: balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to views of others;
gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit and morale; puts success of team
above own interests; recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Verbal and Written Communications: speaks clearly and persuasively; actively listens and asks clarifying
questions; participates and demonstrates comfort presenting ideas in meetings; writes clearly and articulates
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; Master’s degree preferred; Certified Public Accountant or other
certifications a plus (CIA, CISA).
- 3+ years of experience in external and internal audit.
- Experience in financial / operational / IT internal controls (including Sarbanes-Oxley) engagements required.
- Knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) framework preferred;
knowledge of the Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT) framework a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Suite applications and accounting software. Working knowledge of AuditBoard
(SOXHUB) is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to sit and stand. The employee may travel via airplane, motor vehicle, and other means of transportation,
as well as to overnight at different countries, states and cities, in order to perform this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but may
increase in the plant and other work areas. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities related to the role. The role will
necessitate performing duties and tasks that are not outlined herein. Motorcar Parts of America, Inc. makes no
guarantees as to the nature and scope of the work performed by this role. Motorcar Parts of America, Inc. retains
the right to change an employee’s role and/or job description at any time.