Current Job Openings
- Design, develop, and improve the company’s proprietary electrical test equipment and fixtures for use in quality assurance processes in compliance with our Total Quality Management (TQM) philosophy.
- Identify company requirements for electrical automotive testing through research and collection of customer feedback.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing equipment to assess the need for improvements or new equipment. Determine the test system/device specifications needed to maximize company testing efficiency and generate proposals.
- Design wiring diagrams for control panels and map out power distribution throughout the equipment. Calculate power inputs within each panel and find methods to reduce watt usage while maintaining all required functionality.
- Read and trace schematic and wiring control and protection drawings using Computer-Aided Design (AutoCAD) programs and apply working knowledge of IEEE and ANSI specifications.
- Design testing procedures and methodologies for automotive units and analyze results to ensure that operations meet company requirements and industry standards.
- Develop designs for the electrical test equipment through the use of software programs such as AutoCAD and MFG Pro as well as PLC Ladder Logic programming language.
- Test equipment to ensure operational safety, record and analyze results, and propose modifications as necessary.
- Inspect finished installations and observe operation to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications.
- Develop quality assurance procedures and instructions to ensure electrical components’ capability and effectiveness in ensuring product quality and reliability.
- Identify solutions to improve efficiency of testing equipment and procedures and inform management of findings. Stay abreast of technical advances in the electrical and automotive industry.
The position requires a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field and one year of experience in the proffered position or a related position.
The position requires skills and knowledge in Microsoft Applications, AutoCAD, Inventor, Python, Embedded C, Altium or Circuit PRO, LABVIEW, and MFG Pro.
The position requires incidental travel – 1% of time, not more than several days, a few times a year.
This is a full-time position (40 hours/week.).
Job Interview Site:
Email Resume to:
Motorcar Parts of America, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org