Current Job Openings
Senior Quality Engineer
- Design, develop, and implement quality control systems in order to reduce waste, optimize product yield, and enhance the safety and efficiency of remanufactured automobile brake systems and other car parts.
- Examine industry and regulatory requirements for underhood and undercar parts and leverage knowledge of TS/ISO 16949, IATF 16949, and Quality Core Tools to standardize production procedures.
- Create sampling procedures and designs with a view to testing the functionality, reliability, and overall quality of finished products. Utilize Smartsheet to schedule and direct workers in testing finished products, and implement procedures for disposing of defective parts.
- Utilize Minitab to perform data analysis on the quality and performance of finished products and utilize QAD ERP Software, Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft Office to create reports for management’s review.
- Conduct regular audits of production lines with a view to ensuring conformance with established procedures, and communicate with the production team and external parties such as vendors and customers to apprise them of necessary corrective actions.
- Review the company’s current production processes, identify inefficiencies, and utilize Kaizen, Six Sigma, and lean production methods to implement changes that will reduce waste.
- Document testing procedures and outcomes, methodologies, standards, and observations and train other employees in quality control methods.
The position requires a Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Industrial Management plus 1 year of experience in the job offered or a related position remanufacturing automotive brake systems products. This may be substituted with a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Industrial Management plus five years of experience in the job offered or a related position remanufacturing automotive brake systems products. Equivalent foreign degrees are acceptable. Experience gained prior to the Master’s degree is acceptable.
The position requires skills and knowledge in Minitab, QAD Cloud ERP Software, Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint, Smartsheet, Kaizen, lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, Quality Core Tools, TS/ISO 16949 and IATF 16949.
The position requires little travel – 24% of work time, several days but less than 60 days per year.
This is a full-time position (40 hours/week.).
Job Interview Site:
Email Resume to:
Motorcar Parts of America, Inc. at email@example.com